Re: how to measure time

Subject: Re: how to measure time
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 14:00:32 -0800

> In general, how do you estimate how long a technical writing
> project (fx. writing a manual) is going to take?

> Are there any industry-standard ways of measuring/estimating
> this? Or any half-decent rules of thumb?

Industry standard (for paper) is 1 to 2 days per page (yeah, ulp!)
This includes research, writing, editing, technical review, layout...

So, I tell this to my Proj Architect and he says, "Yeah, but I
know you can pull it off in two weeks, Sue!" %-)

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com