Acrobat

Subject: Acrobat
From: James Lockard <NORTon5150 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 20:53:14 -0500

Merrill Dodge wrote,
"I am currently tring Adobe Acrobat.PDF as a new output format. Though I am
not *using* it, I have worked with a demo copy. It really has potential. I
have been spending some time evaluating software options for the creation of
online documents. I've looked at *many* options and though it has
some limitations Acrobat has most of the necessary features in an online
document authoring tool. Best of all, it was a pleasure to work with. I
haven't actually found an ideal tool for creating online doc.s yet but,
compared to a help authoring tool, Acrobat was a breeze. The main reasons I
didn't adopt Acrobat are:
1. ATM-The information systems department doesn't want to support an
additional font technology.
2. I found Acrobat's "back-tracking" function awkward. (especially when
you've jumped to a new topic and scrolled down a few lines to see the bottom
of the page)
I'd be very interested at hearing recommendations for software tools that
will create quality online documents.
James
norton5150 -at- aol -dot- com
The opinions expressed above do not represent the views of America Online, my
wife, or any of our relatives.