WP software???

Subject: WP software???
From: Jim McGough <JimMcGo -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 11:02:48 -0500

I'm interested in Tech. Writing as a possible career choice, taking a class
and practice-writing a manual. My question:

I write on a Mac, but a TW friend told me that 90% of the writing for TW is
done on PC platform, so I'm at a disadvantage if I don't switch platforms.
Also, he suggests I learn to use either Word 6.0 or Framemaker.

The problem is that any of the above steps would cost hundreds or even
thousands of dollars! I also do a little DTP - a soccer newsletter for my
club - and I'd like a software package that can handle a little bit of that,
too. For that reason, I'm leaning toward Word. (But do I spend the $300 on
Mac software if I really NEED to be writing in PC format!?!?
Help!
Jim :-Q (and I don't even smoke!)