what tools to learn?

Subject: what tools to learn?
From: Jim Williams <WILLIAMSJA1 -at- WOODS -dot- UML -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 20:29:03 EST

Hi all,
I just subscribed to this list, so if this question has been asked a lot
before, I'm sorry.

I'm currently enrolled in a technical writing program, and I am trying to
figure out what tools I need to learn. I currently know Word for Windows
and Pagemaker. After talking with a couple people, I've come up with the
following list of possibilities:

FrameMaker
CorelDraw
RoboHelp
Visual Basic

I'd appreciate any feedback about this list of tools, and suggestions for
other ones that people think a beginning writer should know to be
marketable.

Thanks,
Jim Williams