relevancy?

Subject: relevancy?
From: Chantel Reynolds <reynoldb -at- ZIAVMS -dot- ENMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 12:27:37 -0600

Once again people want to limit this list to only those things
they think relevant--a problem we've had a lot lately. I've been
subscribed to this list for several months, and my tendency is to lurk
quietly until I have something to contribute. When I do, I try to go
directly to the source, and not make the list any bulkier than it is.

However, that does not mean that I don't enjoy all the extra
discussions that may not pertain to me, but are still useful anyway.
Writers of any kind tend to go off on tangents--and the best info often
develops from those tangents.

If this were strictly a question/answer session, I'd never have
stayed subscribed. But this list has personality.

So if I get annoyed because it takes an extra thirty seconds (I get
the digest) to scroll past something I'm not interested in, I remember that
the uninteresting (to me) "something" is the very reason I subscribed in
the first place.
And often I find that the very next day, I need some of the
irrelevant information I was so disdainful about the day before.

Of course, today I'm sending directly to the list because I didn't
keep all the addresses of the complainers--which I think proves my point.
And of course, this only fuels the discussion and will probably get me
flamed. Oh well.

Chantel

1872 Rules for Teachers....
No. 1 After ten hours in school, the teachers
may spend the remaining time reading the Bible
and other good books.

Barra Chantel Reynolds
Eastern New Mexico University
Graduate Assistant and CRLA Tutor
reynoldb -at- ziavms -dot- enmu -dot- edu