Testing

Subject: Testing
From: charles desaro <soacon -at- IOS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 10:53:10 -0500

I have been following the responses/discussions concerning
testing and I would like to add my "2 cents".

I'm employed by a consultant firm (a pox on me!) and we have
found testing not very helpful in our environment. Our client's
needs vary greatly.

Naturally, we ask to see samples of the candidate's writing (we
have to assume the candidate is indeed the author) to gauge
their writing skills. But I found an another simple way to judge
someone's writing skills, we look VERY Carefully at their
resume.....how is it formatted, does it read easy, is it informative,
is it easy on the eyes, can I pick out the relevant information
easily...etc.

Boy, you would be surprised to learn how many resumes we
receive from Technical Writers that are incomplete, inconsistent
and contain grammatical errors.

Hope my input helps.

Charles De Saro