Re: Testing

Subject: Re: Testing
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 09:53:12 -0800

charles desaro said:
> But I found an another simple way to judge
> someone's writing skills, we look VERY Carefully at their
> resume.....how is it formatted, does it read easy, is it informative,
> is it easy on the eyes, can I pick out the relevant information
> easily...etc.

That's all fine and dandy, but I think you're *much* better off
looking at the cover letter. I have had maybe 20 people critique my
resume, and incorporated hints from each of them. I think it would be
naive to assume that a resume is the product of the author. On the
other hand, when it comes time to write a cover letter, I'm sitting at
my desk alone.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com