Re: Preferring STC Members

Subject: Re: Preferring STC Members
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 08:44:43 -0800

Re the journal, AMEN!

Not to mention that when I was in job search mode, i.e., unemployed, I
could not/would not shell out the precious $ for membership.

======================
>And when given the choice between someone who belongs to
>STC and someone who doesn't, I'll probably choose the STC
>member. Why? Because someone who takes the time to belong
>to a professional society like STC is constantly exposed to
>new ideas and methods and is less likely to be firmly\
>entrenched in the past. Give me someone who's not afraid to
>learn! Society membership says that to me.

Is this some other STC that I haven't heard of? There is no
correlation between good writers and STC membership that I've
ever seen. And the journal is dull as ditchwater, and often
badly written.

-- Robert