Re: Plural of CD-ROM +

Subject: Re: Plural of CD-ROM +
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:26:53 +0800

Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il says:

Or has the acronym (is that right, Jan?) become a word in
its own right, making the plural CD-ROMs?

** If I were using the full words, I'd call them compact-disk
read-only memories, so I think "CD-ROMs" makes sense.
Definitely CD-ROMs.

But a CD-ROM is a disc, not a disk.

Bob Morrisette
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM