Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 11:07:55 MST

Ron wrote--

> According to the old saying, "it's right to be odd." In other words, all odd
> pages should be on the right. It's a publishing convention as far as I know,
> at least I've always been told that since I began in publications production.
> So the bottom line is, if you believe in the convention--and it seems most
> do--then, yes the blank pages would be necessary to continue this.
==========

I cannot argue with the convention that all odd pages should be
on the right. But along with that convention you seem to be
assuming that all chapters must begin on an odd page. Why?

"Convention" is just a word that describes "the way it's always
been done." In many businesses today, to say "we do it that way
because that's the way it's always been done" is taboo.

I believe in convention only as far as it serves a purpose, and
as long as nobody has found a better way to do it.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=