Re: Sunday's Dilbert

Subject: Re: Sunday's Dilbert
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:48:00 -0600

I didn't like the cartoon for four reasons:

Personally, I find it hilarious. I figure I can use it the next time I get an
unreasonable deadline. I'll just bundle a set of blank pages, drop it in the
engineer's in-basket, "Review this when you get a chance," and when I'm asked
for status, I can say "It's at the engineer for review." That should buy me
enough time to actually do a good job on the docs, then I can take the real docs
to the engineer, drop them off, pick up the bundle of blank pages and say
"Caught a few typos," and nobody'll be the wiser! ;{>}

Truth to tell, it's a rare piece of humor which doesn't demean *someone.* Does
that mean we shouldn't laugh? You only found it demeaning to women because the
tech writer happened to be a woman. And if Scott Adams hadn't done that, someone
else would have accused him of slighting women by not featuring them in roles in
his strip. He can't win either way. Guess that means he should close down the
strip. C'mon. Lighten Up. Give the poor guy a break.

Life's too short to be *that* serious!

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24