Re: QUESTION: Where to find books

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Where to find books
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 00:34:16 -0800

Susan W. Gallagher said:
> Bev, you're never gonna find those books where regular
> people shop! You gotta go to a geek book store!

A lot of technical bookstores don't have very good technical writing
book sections. Powell's Technical Bookstore in Portland, OR, for
example, really sucks. (Though they have a lot of good books that tech
writers could use in other sections, and actually quite a few good
books in the regular store.) OpAmp in L.A. also had a mediocre
selection on the shelf when I went there. The bookstores I go to in
Palo Alto and Cupertino are okay, but not spectacular. They will order
anything I want, though, which is useful.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com