Re: Why 60 Hz

Subject: Re: Why 60 Hz
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 12:48:17 -0800

John McDermott said:
> You should also investigate other monitors to aviod 60Hz flicker: some
> with a slower phospher should flicker less.

I'm not sure what a phospher is. All I know is that I recently
adjusted the vertical refresh rate for my monitor, using the software
that came with my video card. The maximum vertical refresh rate for my
(extremely cheap) video card is 72Hz. The maximum vertical refresh
rate for my monitor is much higher--87Hz. So what the monitor is
capable of doesn't really matter if the video card won't let the
monitor do it!

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com