Re: Why 60 Hz

Subject: Re: Why 60 Hz
From: "Brandenberger, Jim" <JBranden -at- P02 -dot- IL50 -dot- MICRO -dot- HONEYWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:05:00 CST

>Frank Stearns replied:
>Actually, if memory serves, it was that crazy Nick Telsa kid, who was
>working for George Westinghouse and who was a fierce rival of Edison's

It was Telsa. He invented the Telsa Coil so he could shot lighting bolts
from his finger tips to prove his point. So which is safer AC or DC?

I have been *Bitten* by both 480 Volts AC and 400 Volts DC in my career. The
results:

480 VAC:
My arm was sore for a couple days.

400 VDC:
I awoke on the floor of an Army radio repair training center. The sargent
said, "Good, you're alive. I hate doing all that paper work!"

You decide.

Jim Brandenberger
jbranden -at- p02 -dot- il50 -dot- micro -dot- honeywell -dot- com

Innovation is never having to say, "Me, too!"