Re: Dilbert Cartoon

Subject: Re: Dilbert Cartoon
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 10:34:59 PST

Linda Anderson commented on inserting an "inappropriate statement"
within a doc to check the reading comprehension of her reviewers:

> Only 1 copy came back with a comment, and he though it was a great idea!

> I don't recommend this as a standard tactic, but I sure learned a lot and
> there were a lot of red faces at our next team meeting!

I used to do something similar to this, but stopped the practice a
while ago. I was afraid that, during the crush of getting something
published on time, I would forget to remove whatever the thing was
that I added (usually some idiotic comment about the weather). Yet
still I have the urge to periodically do something like that... just
to check, you know?

BTW, I ran the Dilbert cartoon past our programmers here (well, 5 of
them anyways), and 2 laughed loudly, 1 chuckled softly, 1 didn't
really like it, and 1 didn't get it! 3 of the programmers agreed that
the comic slammed both writers and engineers -- sort of an equal
opportunity thing. Oh, and one of them did have to go look up
"fetid!"

Have a nice weekend, folks!
...sue

Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com