splitting up a big Word file

Subject: splitting up a big Word file
From: Edunetics <edunet -at- ZEUS -dot- DATASRV -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 12:23:05 +0200

Hi all,

For a number of reasons (some logical, others political) I am writing my
manuals in Word 6. I figured I'd just start writing and worry about
splitting up the document later on. Well I really need to split the file
now, and I have a ton of cross references. Seeing as how I was warned to
stay away from the Master document - Subdocument features, I was wondering:

How do you split up your big Word files, and still keep those cross
references, tables of contents and index?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards,

Chani Sacharen
edunet -at- zeus -dot- datasrv -dot- co -dot- il