Re: laser vs inkjet printers (HP4P paper-curling)

Subject: Re: laser vs inkjet printers (HP4P paper-curling)
From: Stephen Schiller <smschill -at- SOFTART -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 11:08:03 -0500

I also switched from the HP Deskjet 500 to the HP LaserJet 4P and
encountered the paper curling-problem. To solve the problem, I store my
paper in a TupperWare container with a few of those little moisture absobing
packets that accompany electronic devices. When I need uncurled printouts, I
quickly load the dry paper in the printer and print. After 5 or 10 minutes,
the dry paper will absorb moisture, but I can usually get wrinkle-free
copiesbefore this happens.

You can obtain these moisture absorbers by calling a local computer store
and asking them to hold you some. Call first though, because stores usually
throw the packets away.

Good luck,
Stephen Schiller
smschill -at- softart -dot- com

I used an HP Deskjet 500 for several years before switching to a Laser Jet 4P