Re: splitting up a big Word file

Subject: Re: splitting up a big Word file
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 11:18:34 -0800

Chani Sacharen wonders...

> How do you split up your big Word files, and still keep those cross
> references, tables of contents and index?

I'm not sure how this handles cross references because
I don't use that feature, but this procedure will produce
a toc and index from multiple word files...

Create a new document
Select Insert>Code>tables&indexes RD
(RD stands for reference document)
Include the full path to the document and create one RD
statement for each doc to be referenced, for example...

RD<c:\docstuf\chap1.doc>
RD<c:\docstuf\chap2.doc>

Open this document when you want to generate the TOC and
index. They will magically appear!

Other functionality of this sort should be located in the
merge section of your word manual.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com