Relative effectiveness of computer-based training?

Subject: Relative effectiveness of computer-based training?
From: Bev Clark <bclark -at- GRACE -dot- RT -dot- CS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 08:37:31 PST

My organization needs help finding information about computer-based
training. I know that's a little off topic from technical writing, I
thought you might be able to at least point me in the right direction.

Specifically, we are looking for research findings from industry, academia,
or government, published or unpublished, about the effectiveness of
computer-based training compared to that of other training methods. Leads
to people currently doing research in this area would also be helpful. We
would also like to find comparative cost data for different methods of
training, including CBT. What we have found so far, in talking to CBT
experts in industry, is a lot of interest, strong opinions, but not much
data.

Please send any replies directly to me. Thanks. (If people on the list are
interested in the responses, I can compile them and send them either to the
list or to just those who express interest.)

Bev Clark
bclark -at- grace -dot- rt -dot- cs -dot- boeing -dot- com

Bev Clark
bclark -at- grace -dot- rt -dot- cs -dot- boeing -dot- com
Boeing Computer Services Research and Technology
My opinions are my own, not those of The Boeing Company.