Re: Re[2]: laser vs inkjet printers (HP4P paper-curling)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: laser vs inkjet printers (HP4P paper-curling)
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 09:02:22 MST

> I also switched from the HP Deskjet 500 to the HP LaserJet 4P and
> encountered the paper curling-problem. To solve the problem, I store my
> paper in a TupperWare container with a few of those little moisture
> absobing packets that accompany electronic devices. When I need uncurled
> printouts, I quickly load the dry paper in the printer and print. After
5
> or 10 minutes, the dry paper will absorb moisture, but I can usually get
> wrinkle-free copiesbefore this happens.

Arlen Walker suggested the following:
> Just a thought (I can't check, because there are no 4P's around here). Is
there
> room in the 4P paper tray to tuck one or two of those little packets?

What a clever idea! Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Will
the heat from the printer affect the little packets in any way?

Bev
(Humidity is not a big problem in Arizona, but I thought it a
clever idea anyway. I keep my paper in those Rubbermaid
under-bed storage boxes.)

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=