Re: Paper curling - LJ4

Subject: Re: Paper curling - LJ4
From: Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:27:37 EST

>>>The only complaint I have about the Laser Jet 4P is that it curls paper, and
this is especially pronounced in the summer when the weather is humid. I
complained shortly after buying the printer, but they assured me that this was a
paper problem.<<<

I'm familiar with the paper-curling problem associated with the LaserJet 4
series. At my last place of employment, the curl wreaked havoc with the
automatic feeders on our copiers.

But actually, what HP told you was true, in part. We found that certain brands
of paper curled more than others. Sorry, I can't remember which brands and types
were better or worse... But if you run some tests, I'm sure you'll find out. See
if you can get sample reams of some different "copier bond" papers from your
paper vendor.

Emily Skarzenski
Head Technical Writer
Fastech, Inc. - Broomall, PA
71220 -dot- 341 -at- compuserve -dot- com