Just one more comment about titles

Subject: Just one more comment about titles
From: Kit Warfield <KitW -at- ASYMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 09:34:00 PST

Hello, all,

In 11 years in the business of writing software documentation, I've had
several titles, and have worked within several departments at the various
companies. Those titles and departments have been:

--Writer, Product Documentation (Development)
--Technical writer (R &D)
--Documentation writer (Operations)
--Technical author (Development)
--Instructional Designer (group within a Business Unit)

I like what one of my colleagues has on his busniess card, though: "A
writer, mostly."

cheers,
--kw
KitW -at- asymetrix -dot- com