Re: Query: What do we call the list?

Subject: Re: Query: What do we call the list?
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 09:35:03 -0500

>>The best that I can determine from the Internet reference books
at hand, the correct way to refer to these is

LISTSERV mailing lists
or
Listserv mailing lists<<

This would not be a correct "generic" term for a mailing list, simply because
not all mailing lists are LISTSERVs. I also subscribe to a MAJORDOMO list,
and I believe there may be additional server softwares.

I believe this is an Internet mailing list. That's what they seem to be
called in all the books on the 'net.

sue stewart
suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com