Re: SME

Subject: Re: SME
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 18:45:16 -0700

On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, Loren Castro wrote:

> These two examples are exact (repeat, exact) copies of information I
> got from my, uh, my, um--oh, yes--my SME on one project.

> "The IR hardware stimulation is performed in the mid wave ir using
> black body operating at 300 degree c through a beam split and mirror
> system with an optical effect of 7 to 10 percent with losses largely do
> to beam spliter loss of 50 percent per splitter. There are 2 gemin and
> mirlat pelicals which would produce 25 percent losses with the
> background sene having addation losses of 50 doto the silicaln used to
> have the sen plated on."

I've run across similar examples from engineers and programmers. In my
case, at least one of these SMEs was Dyslexic. He had major problems
with writing (which is why I was doing the writing, not he), but he
really did know his stuff when it came to drafting an engineering design.
Just adds proof to the need for team efforts.

RoMay Sitze People are persuaded more
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu by the depth of your conviction
than the height of your logic,
More by your enthusiasm
than any proof you can offer.
-author unknown-