Re: Instructions to "Be Patient" from a Machine

Subject: Re: Instructions to "Be Patient" from a Machine
From: Mariko Nakanishi <MarikoN_at_PO-LAX -at- INTERNET -dot- LRNTREE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 12:27:20 PST

I agree with John Gear, Robert Plamondon, and Bev Parks.

However, wouldn't it be much better if the programmer had already put
her/his thoughtfulness in her/his program so that it displays the
status of progress while it's executing? For example, I get
frustrated when I execute a program without knowing how long it might
take to complete, and had to wait until it's done (and it feels like
time is crawling slower than usual when this kind of thing happens).

I don't like mysteries from computer programs. I like straight forwad,
honest, and thoughtful programs.

Mariko

Mariko Nakanishi Learning Tree International
marikon -at- lrntree -dot- com Los Angeles, CA