How do new tech writers find jobs?

Subject: How do new tech writers find jobs?
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 1995 17:07:39 -0700

I am a graduating senior in the Technical & Professional Writing program
at San Francisco State University. I've been reading this list for a few
weeks, now, and know that looking for work is frowned upon here, but I'd
like to ask for *advice* on *finding* jobs as a new technical writer. I
will compile any responses I receive and pass them on to my classmates
(most of whom are graduating this semester, too).

Thank you in advance for your input,

David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
dcastro -at- hpsrdas -dot- sr -dot- hp -dot- com