FWD>Re- Meeting at STC Annu

Subject: FWD>Re- Meeting at STC Annu
From: Liz Babcock <Liz_Babcock -at- C28B5 -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 15:50:25 U

Mail*Link(r) SMTP FWD>Re: Meeting at STC Annual Conference

I tried to send the following message yesterday, and it bounced back (I
think). So please forgive me if this is a repeat.
--------------------------------------
Date: 4/9/95 4:38 PM
From: Liz Babcock

Given that people are signing up in droves for this year's STC Annual
Conference, I wonder if Barb Miller's generous offer that Techwhirlers could
rendezvous at her room in the Omni might result in "how many tech writers can
you pack in a hotel room?"--sort of a '90s version of the old "how many
fraternity members can you pack in a phone booth?"

Seems to me last year's Techwhirler get-together at the Welcoming Reception
went beautifully. Why not meet at Sunday evening's Welcoming Reception again?
Seems to me last year LaVonna said something like, "Let's all meet in an area
by the left wall somewhere near the food." I may have those instructions wrong
(LaVonna?), but whatever she said worked really well, given that nobody knew
for sure how the room was going to be set up.

BTW, Bill Stolgitis (STC Exec Director) tells me that if the current rate of
registration continues, this year's conference attendance will surpass even
that at Santa Clara a few years back (the year we had over 2,200). What that
means is that we're going to have elbow-to-elbow togetherness in many of the
sessions and that some of us may have to try second choices when we find
sessions are full. (And some of the best sessions I've ever attended have been
ones I hadn't originally intended to go to.)

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of you there!

Liz Babcock
STC President (for a couple of weeks yet)
liz_babcock -at- c28b5 -dot- chinalake -dot- navy -dot- mil