TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
HTR, Inc., a leading client-server training, consulting,
and publishing firm, is looking for a Technical Editor
to participate in the development of high quality courseware
for HTR classes and external clients.
* Performing final edit of courseware documentation
* Editing for consistency, format, and adherence to corporate style guide
* Editing for flow and organization of material
* Assisting in production responsibilities and writing tasks as assigned
* Maintaining corporate style guide and serving as a resource on style issues
* Experience developing, implementing, and updating style guides
* Familiar with various software and hardware products
* 1-3 years experience as a technical editor with high tech firm
such as consulting, system integration, etc.
* Degree in English, Journalism or related field
* Experience with MS Word 6.0 and PowerPoint 4.0
* Experience with Information Mapping methodology
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to work on several projects at once and work under a deadline
Send your resume and cover letter to:
6110 Executive Blvd., Suite 810
Rockville, MD 20852
Attn: Cindy Richards