TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
HTR, Inc., a leading client-server training, consulting,
and publishing firm, is looking for a Courseware Developer
to participate in the development of high quality courseware for HTR
classes and external clients.
* Developing courseware from initial research and design to
production and implementation
* Production tasks as necessary
* Adhering to corporate style guidelines
* Working with subject matter experts to understand and
convey technical information
* Participating in courseware pilots
* Editing and revising existing courseware and courseware in production
* Ability to learn new technology
* 1-3 years experience as a technical writer/courseware developer
with a high tech firm such as consulting, system integration, etc.
* Degree in English, Journalism, or related field
* Experience with MS Word 6.0, PowerPoint 4.0, and graphics packages
* Experience with Information Mapping methodology a plus
* Ability to communicate complex ideas and technical information
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to work on several projects at once and work under a deadline
* Membership with professional organization a plus
Send resume and writing samples to
6110 Executive Blvd., Suite 810
Rockville, MD 20852