Re: What Degree would you get?

Subject: Re: What Degree would you get?
From: Kirstin Mercer <kirstin -at- INTERCON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 10:04:21 -0400

> How many other universities out there offer Technical Communication
> as a major?

Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio offers =
an undergraduate degree (and a graduate degree, I believe) in =
Scientific and Technical Communication.

When I was there, we took classes in computer basics, computer =
programming, graphic design, journalism, technical writing, =
technical editing, and others. We also were required to do an =
internship and all the writing and editing classes had final projects =
that involved finding a "client" and doing a "freelance job." It's =
good program and I felt prepared when I headed out into the work force. =
I know there are other class requirements that have been added since I left.

Kirstin Mercer
Technical Editor
InterCon Systems Corporation
kirstin -at- intercon -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 Apr 1995 to 14 Apr 1995
Next by Author: Re: Tech Writer seeking definition: Choosing v/s Selecting
Previous by Thread: Re: What Degree would you Get?
Next by Thread: What Degree Would You Get?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads