Re: What Degree Would You Get?

Subject: Re: What Degree Would You Get?
From: Laurel Rosinger <Laurel_Rosinger -at- MAIL -dot- AMSINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 16:06:33 EST

Reading everyone's responses to this question has been interesting! I
have a background no one else has mentioned and probably won't.

My undergraduate degree is in Medical Illustration (a very specialized
degree) and my graduate degree is in Instructional Technology.
Becoming a Tech writer and documenting software systems was the
furthest thing from my mind when I went to school. In fact, only
"geeks" used computers! Guess it was quite awhile ago, huh?

Anyway, the combination of degrees has been an asset. Especially
because I've combined visual communication with writing. When I've
been job hunting, the unique combination of degrees very often landed
me an interview. I must admit, though, that getting the computer and
software background so I could break into the high tech world was
tough!

That's my .02 worth.

See you at the STC Conference! It'll be fun meeting many of you!