PC vs MAC?

Subject: PC vs MAC?
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 11:47:25 -0400

Sue Gallagher wrote:

>However, if you plan to document scientific applications,
>odds are you'll use a Mac or a Unix workstation.

Sue, I have to disagree with you. As an engineer I worked exclusively on a
PC (once we moved beyond mainframes!) for all chemical process simulations.
And the process control software I document now runs on an IBM RS6000 or a
Honeywell TDC3000. Each of those has its own language (not UNIX). I work on
a PC to create the documentation, including online help text files. The
programmers are responsible for transferring my stuff to the appropriate DCS
(distributed control system).

We're in the midst of rewriting code and documentation to move to WIndows
for a client, but it's a long, slow process.
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com