Re: Mac Doom

Subject: Re: Mac Doom
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:24:45 -0400

The fact is that Macs handle multimedia much better than PCs. Apple mastered
plug and play long before it became a fashionable expression (yet still a
pipe dream) in the PC world. Has anyone out there tried to install a
multimedia system on a PC? I recently did and was thrown into the chaotic PC
world of jumpers. It took a week of phone calls to get my system running
correctly, and only after a technician suggested I place the wire on that
connects by CD to the sound card to the *wrong* connector. Then it worked.
You don't face such problems with Mac.

By the way, rumors of the Macs death have been greatly exagerated (to
paraphrase Mark Twain). I'm mainly a PC user, but the fact remains that Macs
have a strong market presence especially in graphics-intensive environments,
and I expect they will continue to do so. Mac clones and the Power PC will
also help bring the Mac operating system into the main stream. We cling to
Windows 95 hopes and hype, but the System 7.x is stable and strong. As one
person indicated, platforms will blur in the next few years, and I don't
expect to see Apple fall :).

Ron