Re: Hall of Fame (was Technic...

Subject: Re: Hall of Fame (was Technic...
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 09:05:55 -0400

It would be impossible to name specific tech writers since most of us write
in relative anonimity. Very few manuals include my name, and if they do, it
is a small blurb on a credits page at the back of the manual. I don't
believe any of us got into this profession for fame. I suspect most of us
became tech writers because it is one of the few ways a writer can actually
make a decent living. How often do you scan a manual looking for the
author's name? We're not writing popular culture here, we're explaining to
users how to accomplish a task. This is not great literature, and although
there are certainly good and bad manuals, I certainly don't look for accolades
for my work.

Ron