Re: Serif Apologist

Subject: Re: Serif Apologist
From: David Demyan <concord -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 08:57:20 -0700

Gwen,

Thank you for the crash course. I liked it enough to print and I hope to
refer to it in the future.

However, I wonder if you are being a little too hard on some of the
contributors to the thread? If I go to a doctor and she tells me *Just
shut up and take my advice because Hypocrites said so 2000 years ago,* I
think I would find a more patient-friendly doctor.

The fact is that many writers know just enough about typography to be
able to do their work. Some of us know enough to express an opinion,
believe it or not, and, being writers, we are likely to give opinions,
especially when asked. They may seem crude to a real pro, but these very
opinions help us to do our jobs effectively and efficiently. In fact, I
can't remember when my last client said, *Make sure you get the advice
of a professional typesetter before layout, I don't care how much extra
it costs.*

Again, thanks for the excellent crash course. For some of your other
posts, however, I'll have to put on my jade-colored glasses to read.

Dave Demyan *** Mendem Concord, Inc.
(908) 753-8500 *** One Mountain Blvd.
concord -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com *** Warren, NJ 07059
FAX: (908) 754-8224