Re: Sexist cover letters?

Subject: Re: Sexist cover letters?
From: Stephen Schiller <smschill -at- SOFTART -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:35:52 -0500

>What do you use as a greeting in the cover letters you enclose with
>your resumes?

On my recent job search, I did some research on each company I applied with
and found a specific person responsible for hiring. I addressed my letters
to this person. This isn't too difficult, and I would guess that it looks
better to the person who does the hiring. I got a lot of interviews, and a
good job.

This is just my technique. Sorry I don't have any scientific research to
back up my opinion. : )

Regards,
Stephen Schiiler
smschill -at- softart -dot- com