Re: Journalism & Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Journalism & Tech Writing
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:44:13 -0400

I was trained as a journalist prior to becoming a tech writer. I believe the
two fields are related in many ways. You must explain sometimes complex
situations in simple language to the lowest common denominator in your
audience. You must work to pull the information out of sources and draw your
own conclusions as well. But most of all I think the ABCs of journalism
(accuracy, brevity, and clarity) are essential to good tech writing.

Ron