Resolving edits

Subject: Resolving edits
From: Charles Webster <cwebster -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 16:14:16 -0700

Here's one for the collective wisdom of the Techwirlers.

How do you handle the situation in which one reviewer (out
of a total of six) who insists that his/her changes/edits
_must_ be incorporated in to the current revision?

I have one review team member who is adamant that
his/her edits absolutely must be incorporated into the
current revision, regardless of the opinions of the other
team members and myself. He/She is the "software
quality assurance" engineer and as such insists that the
quality of the manual is within his/her purview.

My position is (and has been for the last twelve years of
being a tech writer) that I will accommodate a reviewer's
edits "within reason" and that as the writer _I_ have the
final say in what goes in the manuals.

Your opinions are solicited. Please reply to the list so we
can all benefit from your opinion.

Thanks

Charlie Webster
cwebster -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a
dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" -- Groucho Marx