Re: Resolving edits

Subject: Re: Resolving edits
From: Dan Glovier <Mailbox!tsh!dan -at- MCS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 09:00:19 -0600

The Gods overheard Charles Webster state:

>I have one review team member who is adamant that
>his/her edits absolutely must be incorporated into the
>current revision, regardless of the opinions of the other
>team members and myself. He/She is the "software
>quality assurance" engineer and as such insists that the
>quality of the manual is within his/her purview.

Ouch...this situation sounds like a whole bunch o' fun! If you are sure
that you are doing what is right for the manual and your readers/users, then
stick to your guns. You have 12 years of experience, plus schooling and whatever
the heck else you've done, telling you what is right. Listen to that. Just
make sure that your SQA understands this, and hopefully you two can come to an
understanding. A relationship that is devoid of communication and compromise
will not work, be it professional or personal.

Good luck,

--
Dan Glovier
dan -at- tsh -dot- com

"You said that you loved me more than toast,
but less than a staple gun."
- "More Than Toast" The Mr. T Experience