Word Search

Subject: Word Search
From: "Brandenberger, Jim" <JBranden -at- P02 -dot- IL50 -dot- MICRO -dot- HONEYWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 07:45:00 CST

There is a phenomenon in the computer world where some users become
unswervingly (Some say, "unthinkingly") loyal to a computer type (Apple, PC,
NeXT, etc.), an operating system (OS2, DOS, Windows, etc.), or a software
application. It has spawned many debates, arguments, and flames, even on our
own list.

Over the passed few years I recall seeing a word used to describe this
phenomenon, but now that I need it I can't recall it. No I'm not get
old...*and stop smiling!*

It's usage is relatively new, so I haven't found it in my usual resources.
Has anyone out there encountered this word?

Jim Brandenberger
jbranden -at- p02 -dot- il50 -dot- micro -dot- honeywell -dot- com

Innovation is never having to say, "Me, too!"