WRITERS vs ENGINEERS

Subject: WRITERS vs ENGINEERS
From: Worthington <debral -at- FALCON -dot- CC -dot- UKANS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 19:40:00 -0500

Seems like all of the bantering about writers and engineers points to
some level of insecurity amongst us tech writers. Are we as "good" as the
engineer/programmers. Hmmm...

While were at it, why stop with the engineers...why not compare ourselves
to the managers and stockholders? After all, they are the ones who sign
our pay checks. They are also the ones who will hand us a "pink slip"
when some new technology (invented by those frightening engineer/programmers)
comes along that either makes our services obsolete or too expensive.

Before its over, we're all going to confront the technology-driven
streamling of the business process, resultant downsizing and attendant layoffs.
There are those that have, and those that will.

Have fun and be productive while you can!

Bill