DO YOU LIKE TECH WRITING?

Subject: DO YOU LIKE TECH WRITING?
From: Worthington <debral -at- FALCON -dot- CC -dot- UKANS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 19:25:30 -0500

Howdy folks,

The next time you find yourself in front of the CRT, ask yourself these
questions:

Would I still enjoy technical writing
if I did not have the computer...if I had
to place all of that verbage on a notepad
or typewriter...if I did not have the colorful
splash screens and cute icons to play with?

What percentage of my work day is involved with
technical communication, and what percentage is
spent on the mechanical aspects of using the
latest computer technology?

I may be playing devil's advocate, but go ahead and ask yourself the
questions. Be honest, and then make a decision.

Remember, the easier that something is to do, the less demand
there will be for those who do it.

Bill (8-0