off topic... what's the meaning of this expression?

Subject: off topic... what's the meaning of this expression?
From: Kelly Kremin <kellyk -at- CYBEROPTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 14:09:41 LCL

the vapors

What does it mean? My boss insists it means a swooning spell. I was
certain I'd learned that the vapors was flatulence.

Can anyone clear this up? Site a source? Point me in the right
direction?

Sincere apologies for this off topic interruption.

Send answers (&/or flames, I suppose) to kellyk -at- cyberoptics -dot- com -dot-

Thank you.

Kelly M. Kremin
CyberOptics Corp.
Minneapolis MN