Re: Need Help with QuarkXPress

Subject: Re: Need Help with QuarkXPress
From: "George F. Taylor" <gtaylor3 -at- CALSTATELA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 08:46:50 -0600

In my opinion, QuarkXpress is a graphic artist's desktop publishing tool,
and not suitable for routinely producing documents - even documents with
multiple graphics. Quark's major advantage is the ability to automatically
resize column widths to fit a specific area. Of course, your DTP tasks will
be the determining factors. - George

>My company is planning to switch from
our current DTP (Ventura >4.1.1) to a new DTP. The leading contender is
FrameMaker. >However, this month's "PC Computing" magazine piqued our
>interest by naming QuarkXPress as its number one choice for
a >professional DTP. Unfortunately, the recommendation was part of >a
list and did not provide any details or analysis. >
>Does anyone out there have any experience with QuarkXPress? The
>magazine reference was the first time I'd heard of it. Or more
>correctly, the first time I'd heard of it *and*
paid attention. > >Thanks in advance for
your assistance! >--dave -at- disc-synergy -dot- com >