Lit Crit humor (re: vapors)

Subject: Lit Crit humor (re: vapors)
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 10:12:13 -0500

I honestly can't believe I'm adding to this thread, but you have
reminded me of one of my favorite undergrad stories:

My Lit Crit prof, Dr. Hughes, was discussing some literature in
which one person was accusing an opposing group of suffering from
the vapors (the kind in which intestinal gas affects reasoning),
and stately, soft-spoken, silver-haired Dr. Hughes asked, "What
do you think he is saying?" After receiving no response from the
class, he replied, "Don't you see--he's saying they have sh-t
for brains!"

We were quite shocked, but of course, ROTFL! When Dr. Hughes
retired, this story was recalled (by the students) for the
entire English Department.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conference
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.