Re: your mail

Subject: Re: your mail
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 12:33:31 -0600

On Thu, 4 May 1995 news -at- BUBBA -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU wrote:

> I have just been hired to rewrite procedures manuals for a small
> consulting business. They currently use Word 6 but the manuals are long,
> should be more colorful, and are long. I am learning FrameMaker at home
> yet I'm intrigued by Quark and PageMaker from reading reviews. Please
> forgive the basic nature of this request, but I'd like some opinions as to
> what's best, what's the most fun and why.

As to what's best, that depends on the job.
As for what's the most fun, I can only speak from experience on PageMaker
and FrameMaker. While I can use FrameMaker reasonably proficiently, and
prefer it for some tasks, I really love to work in PageMaker. I find it
easy to work in, versatile, and it has some great capabilities for
document design. For me, at least, PageMaker was easier to learn and I
am definitely more at ease in it than any other DTP program I've looked at.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu