Re: Writing simple procedures

Subject: Re: Writing simple procedures
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 09:55:21 PDT

> at what point is something so
> obvious that you don't want to break it out into two steps?
> For example:

> 1. Move the cursor to the XXX toolbox.
> 2. Click on the YYY icon.

> or

> 1. Click on the YYY icon in the XXX toolbox.

> Is the first form too obvious?

I try to keep each step as simple as possible, so the "on ... in" in
your combined step pushes the limits for me, but it does the job, and
keeps the total number of steps down. Just moving the cursor isn't
generally worth a separate step.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com