Re[3]: @ sign

Subject: Re[3]: @ sign
From: Kelly Burhenne <burhennk -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 07:20:40 EST

Actually, the ampersand is &, not @ :) :)

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re[2]: @ sign
Author: evermad -at- TTC -dot- COM at INTERNET
Date: 5/9/95 10:44 AM

It's called the ampersand.

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: @ sign
Author: HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM at INTERNET
Date: 5/9/95 10:07 AM

>What do you call the circle a (@) that is commonly
>called the AT sign? I know there is a more precise
>name for it somewhere. Does anyone know it?

>Karen Davis
>karene -at- asimov -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com

This came up on another forum and with vast amounts of research looking
through the OED, style guides, reference manuals, etc., everyone came up with
the fact that it is called the AT sign.


Previous by Author: Sexual Harrassment
Next by Author: Re: What's the perfect test?
Previous by Thread: Technical Editor
Next by Thread: Re: @ sign

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads