Re: Typeover Mode

Subject: Re: Typeover Mode
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 09:57:02 -0800

At 7:14 AM 5/9/95, Roy Johnson wrote:
>Hello everyone!

>I am writing a book on 'Writing with Computers' and I wonder
>if anybody has experience of using Typeover [or Insert] mode.

>It seems a potentially useful tool, but I've never come across
>anyone who uses it. Any observations would be welcome.
==========
A hundred years ago, when I was using a 8088 chip and an IBM clone,
*typeover* was set as a default on a client's wordprocessor,(I can't even
remember the name, it was pre-WordPerfect - oh wait, I think it was
MultiMate). I remember it as being only mildly useful and very confusing if
I was ever distracted.

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission"