Virgules

Subject: Virgules
From: Kathy Kennedy <ukk01 -at- EAGLE -dot- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 15:17:31 MDT

I generally lurk on this list to read the happenings, but I think this
is an appropriate time to quit testing the waters and just
jump into the pool...

I agree with those who think the word "virgule" is too vague a term to use
much of the time. However, I also find it interesting to note that just today,
while I was perusing my Webster's American Style Manual for an answer to
a style question, I happened to run across an entire section devoted to the
subject. It is entitled, "Virgule". If you're interested, you'll find
the section in Chapter 1, on page 47.